We, at Fret 12, understand that you value your privacy. Therefore, we strive to provide you quality service that is both efficient and secure. The following Policy outlines the type of information that we collect and how we use and protect that information so that you can feel comfortable visiting and shopping on our website. Please read and review our Policy. If you have any questions regarding our Policy, please send your inquiries to email@example.com.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- We collect information from you when you create an account on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, enter questions or requests, comment on a discussion board, respond to a survey or communication such as in an e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When placing an order, we may ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information or other information. When creating an account, we ask for your name and email address. For security reasons, we do not store your payment information in your account. You will need to enter your payment information manually for future orders. Nevertheless, you may still visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- If you choose to take part in our discussion topics or post comments to our discussion boards, your username will be included with your post. Your post might also include the date and time of the post and your nearest location (city and state or country).
- Our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. This information includes your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and version, the search engine you used to find Fret 12, if any, referring and exit pages, and date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information to monitor and analyze how users use the Fret 12 website, to provide customer service, to maintain and improve the Fret 12 website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you create an account, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To provide status updates regarding a pending order.
- To suggest products or features to you based on prior purchases or prior site usage.
- If you have provided us your mobile telephone number and signed up for mobile alerts, we may send notifications to your mobile device. Your carrier’s standard messaging and data rates will apply. See the Terms and Conditions for more information.
- If you post comments to our discussion boards, we may use your comment in promotional and/or marketing materials, on a user review page, as suggestions to improve our website, or as topics for future discussions.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who create an account or participate in other site features, such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content, will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
We go to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. All credit and debit transactions occur in a fully secure area of our site, to provide the best protection against loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. Furthermore, our site is scanned frequently by the security professionals at Authorize.net Fraud Protection Services, to isolate and eliminate potential security threats if they arise at any time in the future. Our hope is that you can buy online with confidence that you will have a safe and secure transaction.
When you've finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. Once you've entered this portion of our site, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area and the yellow "lock" icon will appear on the webpage graphics. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower left hand corner of your browser window to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Our fraud prevention department has identified nearly 99% of all fraud attempts. When we identify a fraudulent transaction, we forward the fraudster’s IP address, shipping address, email and phone number to the issuing bank and local law enforcement whenever possible.
DO WE USE "COOKIES"?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Safari or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
WHAT IS OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN?
We do not knowingly collect data from children. Our Terms and Conditions make clear that our site is intended for those that are at least 13 years of age. Users younger than 13 years of age must obtain parental consent before accessing the website. If it comes to our attention that a user under the age of 13 has accessed the website without parental consent, we will delete that user’s information as soon as possible. We encourage parents to take an active role in policing their children’s online activities. Please notify us if you believe that we may have collected any such data.
DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Fret 12 Productions. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. For instance, we use a third party for our email newsletter delivery and subscription management. This company is strictly required to maintain total confidence, as ownership of the mailing list resides with Fret12.com. They are not allowed to use, sell, share, or trade to our customer’s information or email newsletter subscriber information with anyone else or for their own use.
In order to ship and track merchandise, we make your name and address available to such companies as United Parcel Service and the US Postal Service. In no instance are these business affiliates allowed to use your personal information for any other purpose.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST?
You can sign up for our mailing list by clicking the “Register” link located in the main menu at the top of every page. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us once you have registered, then you should visit your user profile, select “edit profile” and un-check the box that reads "subscribe for the latest FRET12 updates". If for some reason you have difficulty doing this, you can request that we remove you from our e-mail list at any time by clicking http://www.fret12.com/contact and selecting Customer Service from the drop down menu.
Joining our mailing list will allow you to receive updates on new products, promotions, special offers, exclusive content, information from our artists and information about any of the exciting things that are happening at Fret12.com or with our partners and affiliates. The mailing list is different than our system emails (order status, shipping status, order follow up, etc.). System emails are managed by Fret12.com and are never given to any 3rd party whatsoever.
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US?
If you have signed up for email notifications and would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, then you should visit your user profile, select “edit profile” and un-check the box that reads "subscribe for the latest FRET12 updates". If for some reason you have difficulty doing this, you can request that we remove you from our e-mail list at any time by clicking http://www.fret12.com/contact and selecting Customer Service from the drop down menu. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete comments or reviews that you have posted to our site, please email our site administrator by clicking http://www.fret12.com/contact and selecting Customer Service from the drop down menu.
To delete your online account information from our database, login to your user profile and select "Edit Profile". If for some reason you have difficulty doing this, you can request that we remove you from our e-mail list at any time by clicking http://www.fret12.com/contact and selecting Customer Service from the drop down menu. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
ONLINE POLICY ONLY